Thursday, March 29, 2012

Twitter part II

I'm starting to use Twitter more, and I am beginning to see what a great tool it is for educators.  I was really struggling with what to tweet about, because I still feel like what I have to say is not very important. My professor posted a link to this page that has helped me tremendously.  It listed some very helpful ideas about what to post about, and made suggestions like asking for recommendations on lesson ideas, book recommendations, linking photos etc.  I also like that it gave sample tweets to see.
Another thing I started using were hashtags. Before this week I had no idea what a hashtag was, but they have been extremely helpful to sort my tweetdeck into different categories.  I joined a TWUB for MASL and I'm looking forward to tweeting during the conference in a few weeks.  
I'm looking forward to our twitter chat assignment and think it will be very interesting to chat with educators from all over the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment